Wright & Co Partnership Limited Privacy Notice
Being transparent and providing accessible information to you about how we use your personal data is a key element of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Via this Notice we aim to provide to you concise details of how we use your personal information.
We hope that by providing this information we give you greater choice and control over how we use your personal information.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All personal data is collected and processed fairly and lawfully and we confirm below certain information that we think relevant:
- The Data Controller is Wright & Co Partnership Limited;
- The Data Protection Officer at Wright & Co Partnership Limited is Mr G L Whiting;
- The purpose/s for which the data is collected relates to contractual services provided to you as outlined in your engagement letter;
- Your information is used in a way that you would reasonably expect;
- No information is shared with a third party unless expressly requested or noted on your consent;
- It will never be our intention to share your data with third-parties for marketing purposes;
- All sources of personal data are supplied by you and we hold nothing further;
- Your data is held within a Customer Relationship Management system whose main office is within the US and is therefore part of EU-US Privacy Shield;
- No undertaking will have an adverse effect upon you.
GIVING YOU APPROPRIATE CONTROL AND CHOICE
We intend to obtain consent from you to enable us to provide the services required.
You will be able to have a choice on how we contact you and be given a genuine opportunity to exercise control.
At any time consent can be withdrawn and we have procedures in place to ensure that this is actioned immediately.
There are some cases in which consent is not relevant, for example, to enable us to perform our role we require certain aspects of your personal data.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED BY US
- During the course of our work in providing you with accountancy and taxation advice we hold personal data relevant to that work.
- All data held by us is used in the process of preparation of Accounts and Tax Returns, this data could also be used to advise on relevant taxation advice.
- We only collect information from you relevant to the work undertaken.
- No information is derived or inferred and we never undertake profiling.
YOUR RIGHTS AS AN INDIVIDUAL
Under GDPR you have:
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right of rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability; and
- The right to object.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS
You have the right to access the information held in whatever format you require, this can either be electronic or by paper.
Subject Access Request Documentation
Your request will be actioned within one month and will be provided free of charge, although any excessive requests can be refused or charged for.
Our systems are configured to avoid the risk of data breach but in the unfortunate event that this should happen we have procedures in place to detect, report and investigate.
If the need should arise you are entitled to refer any complaints to our supervisory body The Institute of Chartered Accounts in England and Wales or the ICO in the UK.